- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 16 oz uncooked pasta
- 3/4 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cups Mozzerella Cheese
- 1 cup Marble Jack or cheddar ( when i make this again, i'll use a sharp cheddar)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound 90% lean/10% fat ground beef browned
- 3 Tbsp Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside.
Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding). Reduce heat to low, add cheeses and simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish.
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving & makes 10 servings
xposted to food_porn